An ongoing series on how to do everything from pop a spot to how to achieve the perfect feline flick. From the gross to the glamorous, follow our simple beauty guide.
Apply highlighter to sculpt
It's not just contouring that can sculpt your cheeks, using a highlighter will also create a chiselled look. It gives a less severe finish, so is much more suited to everyday wear. The strobing trend, which illuminates the face, shows no signs of slowing down so it's a good idea to learn how to wear it best.
1. Suck in your cheeks
2. Apply highlighter from your brows down along your cheekbones
3. Buffer into skin
Create the perfect eyeliner flick
A black cat eye flick is as classic as a red lip, which coincidently makes the flick pop even more.
1. After eyeshadow has been applied (if you're wearing it) line the upper lash line with a kohl pencil
2. Make sure the line touches your eyelashes without leaving any gaps
Tip: If you're finding it hard to draw one fluid line, draw on dots and then fill them in
3. To create the flick, draw a straight line from the corner of your eye upwards towards the outer corner of your eyebrow
4. Join the lines with a smooth curve
5. Now go over with liquid liner or a gel. Use a fine-tipped brush
6. Touch up any mistakes and wipe away any excess with a cotton bud dipped in cleanser.
Be a gloss goddess
Don't let your lips look like they're dripping in gloss. Instead keep it simple yet sophisticated.
1. Line lips with a pencil that matches your lip colour. This stops lip make-up from bleeding
2. Apply a matte lipstick over the top. Go for a natural colour for a pared back look
3. Apply gloss with a brush to just inside the lip line. This will stop it from moving.